- Clean furniture with a damp cloth.
- Clean the floor (also under and behind the furniture).
- Clean inside of the wardrobe with a damp cloth.
- Carefully remove posters and photos from the walls.
- Clean the inside of the window and the window sills.
- Sweep away cobwebs.
- Clean the bathroom and toilet thoroughly, including the walls.
- Clean the sink.
- Clean the toilet bowl inside and out.
- Clean the drain in the shower; remove hairs and bits of soap.
- Sweep the floor.
- Clean the kitchen cupboards inside and out; remove your food items.
- Clean the fridge and remove your food items.
- Clean the wall tiles behind the stove.
- Clean the stove. For caked-on dirt use a special oven cleaner ("ovenreiniger") which is available at the supermarket. Do not scratch off dirt with a knife.
- Empty the rubbish bin and wash the inside of the rubbish bin.
- Sweep the floor.
- Remove cobwebs.
Make sure you take all personal belongings with you: All items that you brought into the room should be removed from the room.
If you share the facilities (kitchen, bathroom, toilet, hallways, balconies, etc.), all tenants leaving will be held responsible for the state these facilities are in on check out date.
Do not wait until the last day to clear away garbage bags and excess furniture. Make sure you remove those on the day the garbage is collected or place them in the disposal .
Excess furniture and oversized garbage may only be placed outside after you have made an appointment with the city cleaning department. You can call city cleaning 1 day in advance at (020) 5519555. Press 1 and you will be connected with an employee. If you need more information on how to dispose of oversized garbage ( ‘grofvuil’ in Dutch), please contact your caretaker.
In case of damages to the facility, unreturned keys or if the room is left dirty after your departure, SSF will deduct all costs made from your security deposit.