Included in your rent:
- Internet (available with LAN cable only).
- Use of water, electricity, gas.
Excluded from your rent:
- Local tax Municipality of Amsterdam (levy, pollution).
- Water tax (Waternet).
How do I pay my rent?
Each month, between the 24th and the 28th, you will receive an email with a link to pay the rent for the next month. You can choose to pay the rent by credit card or with iDEAL when you have Dutch bank account.
It is also possible to make a bank transfer or set up a monthly- or periodical payment order. You can set this up yourself if you have internet banking.
- The account holder name is Woonstichting De Key.
- The IBAN for De Key’s bank account is NL22INGB0000138140
- De Key's BIC-code for payments from abroad is INGBNL2A
- You should include your lease- or contractnumber with the transfer, as stated on the front page of your contract.
What if I do not pay my rent on time?
In the event that your rent is not paid on time you will receive a payment reminder by e-mail.
- The first reminder is sent seven days after the payment deadline.
- A second reminder is sent fourteen days after the payment deadline.
- A third and final reminder is sent five days after the second reminder. Your contact person at your university will also be notified. If we do not hear from you within three days after the final reminder, the lock on your room door will be changed.
Rent for a part of the month
If the last month of your tenancy agreement is not a full month, you can calculate the amount of rent you will need to pay. You can do this by dividing the monthly rent with the number of days in the last month and then multiplying this by the number of days that you will be occupying the apartment.
My tenancy agreement
The SSF has a number of general regulations concerning its housing. Please read and comply with these rules and regulations, and those included in your tenancy agreement, during your stay.
Tenant may not use their rented housing for a purpose other than living there -or make their rented housing available for use by a third party. If these rules are found to have been violated, the tenant will be liable for a penalty to be paid immediately amounting to € 50.00 for each day that the violation has taken place. He or she shall also continue to be subject to the terms of the agreement and without prejudice to the landlord's other rights to compensation.
Your caretaker or RA can help in case rules and regulations are violated by others around you.